NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Predictions Against The Odds


When I first realized I was pregnant I had this overhwelming feeling that I was having a little boy. It looked like the odds were in our favor. If you look at Brett's family he is one of two boys and his brother has three boys. Men outnumber women on the Riggs' side so much that Brett's cousin is pregnant with her fifth boy. EVERYONE thinks or wishes that we will have a little girl and I do mean everyone. Frances, my mother in-law says she prays its a little girl. My cousins tell me they want a little girl and everyone at work predicts I am pregnant with a little girl. Brett's cousin says there is no way its a little boy.

Curiosity got the best of me in the beginning and for fun I would look at the Chinese Lunar Calendars. 80% of the time they would predict a little boy. I find myself looking at little boy stuff when I go through the baby departments but the ladies at work say I "Ooo and Ahh" over the little girl stuff. Don't get me wrong, I will love my child and be thrilled with either gender. The strange thing is, we are pretty much set on a girl name and debate on the boy name. My mother in-law's co-worker had a dream I had a little girl with a lavendar bow in her brown hair.

Now I seem to be second guessing my "overhwelming feeling" and find myself getting anxious to know the gender. The bad part is I have 7 WHOLE WEEKS to go before we find out. There is one theory that keeps me believing Tater Tot/Butterbean is a little boy... Both Lori in my office and I have been lucky enough to not have morning sickness. Lori found out she is having a little boy. We know several work associates who have been and were very sick and both were/are pregnant with girls. I have also talked to friends to see who was or was not pregnant with boys/girls and had morning sickness. Our theory is that when you are pregnant with a little boy you may not be as sick as you would be with a little girl. Now this is just a theory but I'd like some comments or experiences from any of you?

So 7 WHOLE WEEKS from now we will know if the Predictions won against the Odds... Till then Tater Tot/Butterbean will remain an "it".

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your theory is correct about the sickness thing. I know several women who had girls that escaped sickness. I'm going on record that my prediction for your baby is a GIRL!

    ReplyDelete