NestBaby Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Confessions of a Coke & Cherry Iceeholic


Hi my name is Kayla Riggs and I am a Coke & Cherry mixed Iceeholic. Yes its true, I am addicted to the cold refreshing taste of a Large Coke & Cherry Icee. I am 10 weeks pregnant and I fear my baby may end up with a brain freeze. I crave these delicious frozen treats all day everyday.

It all began on a cold dark Tuesday night. I stopped by the mall on my way home from a long day at work never expecting a craving to hit me. As I walked by a candy store I caught a glimpse of the Icee machine's blue & red lights and that is when it all began. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved the taste of coke & cherry mixed icees but never like this.

Yesterday was the first day in over a week that I have been able to the resist the urge to stop a get icee. It was a very long a grueling night but I made it. I tried not to think about the wonderful taste or the way my throat feels as the cold frozen beverage runs down my throat.

My addiction is scary. I can tell you 5 places in town that have icee machines and I search for others. I can tell you which ones have regular cherry, wild cherry, and white cherry flavors. I can tell you which machines are out of order for the time being and the next closest machine.

Earlier this week I had to stop after work to buy groceries at Wal-Mart. As I walked in the Icee machine located in the Subway grabbed my eye. I could not wait to get all my groceries piled in my buggy, get through the check out line, and get into the Subway. When the little man behind the counter asked how he could help me I took a deep breath and requested a Large Coke & Cherry MIXED icee. (Mixed icees should have a layer of coke, a layer of cherry, a layer of coke, etc.) I watched as the little man grabbed the cup and put it under the coke dispenser. He then filled the cup up to the rim of the cup with coke icee and then moved it under the cherry disepenser and added a Drop off cherry. I am pregnant....You do not gip a pregnant woman on the cherry icee. When he sat the cup in front of me it wasn't even full to the hole opening of the lid. (A good icee conductor puts the lid on the cup before filling it so that the icee goes all the way up to the tiny hole of the lid). He gipped my of cherry and of icee which is just sooooo wrong. I looked at it, looked at him, gave an evil smile, grabbed my cup and walked out the door.

I have to say thank you to all the other knowledgable icee conductors that have served me. Thank you for filling my cup so that it runneth over for you and for know the correct way to mix an icee.

No comments:

Post a Comment